*****FREE SHIPPING ***** & NO SALES TAX
MOST TENTS AND ANGLE KITS SHIP 3 - 5 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER ORDERING.
5 FOOT SIDE WALLS- not a 5' cut size which results in 4' 8" side walls like some competitors. Walls are measured from the outside of tent.
- WALLS ARE FULL 5' OF CANVAS. Some unusual designed tents have only 4' walls with 18" of vinyl sewn onto the bottom of the tent. The 18" sod cloth cannot be staked down and wind blows under the sod cloth creating a tent that can't be heated properly in cold weather. Additionally, the sod cloth will flap in the wind making for a less than an enjoyable camping experience. Tents must have the canvas walls touching the ground in order to stake the walls to the ground to prevent wind blowing under the tent walls.
Windows are 30" x 30". Not small triangle windows that provide much less ventilation
- STORM FLAP/ COLORADO DOOR. Protects zipper and closes door if you have zipper problems when camping. A $35- $115 option on some tents.
- FREE REINFORCED EAVE WITH WEBBING ENTIRE LENGTH OF EAVE.
- STEEL D RINGS SEWN INTO EAVE WEBBING. Much stronger than grommets pressed into canvas.
- DOUBLE LAYER OF CANVAS ON RIDGE. A major wear point that is reinforced. A $100 - 200 option from most other tent companies.
- VINYL SOD CLOTH. Acts an air seal and prevents canvas from touching any rain water which will wick up the canvas wall.
- TENT BAG. Oversized to insure your tent fits in it.
- RIDGE OPENINGS FOR LODGE POLE. Some hunters use lodge pole pine to make a tent frame when packing in to avoid hauling a heavy metal frame on horses.
- FRONT ZIPPERED DOOR, YKK #10. Always insure your tent has YKK zippers or you might have zipper problems when you are camping.
- 200' OF ROPE AND 20 TENSIONERS that tightens the tent eave rope connecting to tent stakes.
6' SIDE WALL OPTION
Some companies only have 4' 7" sidewalls which severely restricts how much space you can actually use.
Strongly recommend you ask your suppliers the finished height of side walls before purchasing so you will not be surprised or disappointed upon delivery.
6 Foot option only available on FIRE, water and mildew treated tents.
********************** IMMEDIATE SHIPPING - NO PAYMENT ******************** Call for more info on PAYPAL program.
PURCHASING TENT FRAME ANGLE KITS and then purchasing 1” inside diameter, galvanized steel electrical conduit at any hardware store is the most economical approach to purchasing a frame. Normal savings $250-$450 depending on the size of canvas tent and frame.
ANGLES THAT ACCOMMODATE 3/4" STEEL CONDUIT ARE NOT RECOMMENDED. 3/4" conduit weighs about half as much as 1" conduit. Consequently, it is only about half as strong as 1" conduit and can't take much of a snow load.
CUT LIST WILL BE PROVIDED FOR CUTTING STEEL CONDUIT FOR FRAME.
ANGLE KIT UPGRADE RECOMMENDATIONS
Items shipped to an IDAHO address must pay Idaho sales tax.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE A FRAME, view tent and complete tent frame.
WATCH 2 VIDEOS (click on the video tab above) TO VIEW WILDERNESS QUALITY, FREE FEATURES AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE.VIEW 50 TENT PICTURES from some of our satisfied customers for ideas, tent set up and size requirements
We have certain discounted accessories when you order a Wilderness tent or Selkirk spike tent. We are passing the reduced shipping cost to you. (-$) indicates savings.
5" Inline spark arrestor $50 (-$22), stove fire mat $35 (-$15), stove heat shield $35 (-$15), rubber caps for frame legs (-$10 per set ), tent frame bags $28 (-$10), tent coat hangars $35 (-$10), and rebar stakes (-$10) per dozen.
TESTIMONIALS. Click to read Wilderness Tent testimonials.
PHOTOS - Use arrow (< >) on photos to view all pictures. Second picture is ANGLE KIT DIAGRAM.
FIRE RESISTANT CANVAS: Meets CPAI 84 fire retardant code. If a tent is not specifically treated for fire resistance it will burn quickly. Fire Resistant canvas will only burn when there is a flame source present on the canvas. When you remove the flame source the wall tent will stop burning. However, there is no wall tent made that will not burn.
Above is a link " view all available products to add to this order " for a full listing of add ons and options.
STATES THAT REQUIRE FIRE TREATED CANVAS TENTS: CA, LA, MI, MA, MN, NJ and NY.
Click SLEEPING CAPACITY for each size of tent. It is sometimes difficult to determine the correct size required and hopefully sleeping capacity info page will be of some assistance.
Extended fly will have stove pipe opening with a tie down flap in the extended section as some people use a stove for cooking outside the tent.
Fly is a protective tarp, extend the life expectancy of your tent. Also, there are thousands of needle holes in your tent and occasionally a needle hole does not close when the tent is wetted down. The only way to insure your tent does not leak is to put a fly on your tent.
EVERY MONTH WE GET CALLS FROM CUSTOMERS WHO BUY A FLY AFTER USING THEIR TENT. Normally customers have spark holes in their tent roof. Or dirt, pitch and tar on their roof that won't come off. A fly is strongly recommend at the time of purchase to avoid possible roof issues. And most importantly, to increase life expectancy of your tent. Rich
FLY ADVANTAGES- SUMMARY
SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES LIFE OF TENT. The roof is the first part of a tent that normally fails.
Prevents stove spark burn holes in roof. It is much easier and cheaper to replace a fly, if necessary, than a tent.
Provides another moisture barrier to prevent leaks.
Protects the cotton canvas from UV rays. Put a cotton shirt outside during the summer and see how UV rays destroys the cotton.
Keeps roof clean. When camping under a tree, a tree rains down dirt during rain storms.
Prevents pitch and tar getting on the roof. Removing tree pitch and tar requires a harsh detergent which destroys the roof water, mildew and fire treatment. Then you will have leaks in your roof.
Fly provides 1 foot overhang on each side of tent by carrying water and snow 1 foot away from side wall.
Water and snow slides off fly quicker than canvas roof as the fly is completely smooth.
Provides some insulation value when there is an air gap between fly and roof.
SHIPPING BAGS for floors, fly, extended fly, porches and cook shacks options are not large enough to be used for storage bags.
RECOMMENDATION: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR TENT ROOF AND FLY TAUT SO WATER CAN QUICKLY BE REMOVED FROM YOUR TENT. Water can collect on the roof in an "eave trough" which is a low area just before the sidewall created by a not tight roof or loose fly.
Canvas should be very taut on a tent frame, especially, if set up for extended periods of time and a fly always used. Fly should also be tight to avoid water in an eave trough. Water will eventually go through the fly if saturated for weeks. Canvas saturated in water will rot and mildew regardless of water mildew protection applied. There is no warranty for eave rot.
At the bottom of this page are OPTION PHOTOS and explanations. Options include porches, cook shacks, fly's (protective tarp), floors.
|Angle Kit||3 Rafter||3 Rafter||3 Rafter||4 Rafter||4 Rafter||5 Rafter|
|40 LB||50 LB
|45 LB||55 LB||64 LB||75 LB||100 LB||108 LB|
|50 LB||61 LB||71 LB||83 LB||110 LB||120 LB|