Comparing Tent Cost
MAJOR FACTORS & DECISIONS REQUIRED BEFORE PURCHASING A CANVAS TENT
Type of treatment on tent. you prefer. Water mildew treated canvas OR Fire, water and mildew treated canvas.
- IdentifyStandard features the canvas tent has that you are considering
- What options, and cost, you want such as side windows, screen doors, fly, floor, extended fly, porch or cook shack, etc.
- Most canvas tent buyers want at the minimum these standard features:
- Front door with zipper
- Storm flap with buckles to cover zipper. If zipper fails, tent can be closed with buckles on storm flap.
- Stove jack
- 9" - 10" vinyl sod cloth to keep canvas tents clean and sealed against the ground
- Rope with tensioners
- Tent bag to store and transport tent.
- Canvas Tent cost comparison:
- If the canvas tent you are considering purchasing does not have the standard features listed above, you need to add the costs of those features to the price of the tent before you can make a valid tent comparison.
- Some canvas tent manufacturers list common standard features as options to increase the price of the tent from their initial low advertising price.
- It should be noted that all tent canvas used in US manufactured canvas tents is imported from primarily Pakistan, India and lately China.
Hopefully this guide will be of some benefit to you. If you have questions you can always call us. Rich
WATER & MILDEW TREATED